honestbeef Thai Beef Salad
- 400g beef rump steak
- 2 small white onions
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 red Thai chilli, seeded, sliced thinly
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 2 red Thai chillies, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Cook beef in a hot oiled pan, or on the BBQ or grill, until browned both sides & cooked as desired. Cover, rest for 10 minutes, then slice thinly.
Blend or process all ingredients for the garlic dressing.
Just before serving, gently toss remaining ingredients with beef and dressing in a large bowl.
Serve into smaller bowls for a tasty first course for 8, or onto plates for an authentic Thai meal for 4.